6 Eye-Catching Print Design Ideas to Stop Your Prospective Buyer in Their Tracks
As each year progresses in the 2000s, design seems to play an increasingly important role in marketing and advertising in an era where catching attention and “stopping the scroll” is more important than ever before. While we’ve seen a shift to digital-first content in recent years, print design is still an essential tool in any marketer’s toolkit. This is because design can create a certain mood or feeling, convey a message, or tell a story – all critical elements in getting your target audience to take notice of your brand. The companies who master the art of print design are the ones who stand out from the rest and stop their prospective buyers in their tracks. With a solid graphic design strategy, you can achieve the same results.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Use Eye-Catching Colors and Patterns
One way to make your print design stand out is to use eye-catching colors and patterns. Bright colors are attention-grabbing, and patterns can add interest and texture to your design. To decide on exactly what colors and patterns to use, consider your brand identity and what message you want to communicate. For example, if you want your design to convey a feeling of energy and excitement, you might use brighter colors like orange and yellow. Or, if you want to communicate a more calming message, consider using cooler colors like blue and green. Use colors and patterns judiciously, though, as too much can be overwhelming. Try to use them to highlight key elements of your design, such as your company logo or a certain call to action.
2. Incorporate Negative Space
Another way to make your print design stand out is to incorporate negative space. Negative space is the area around and between the subjects of your design. It can be used to create a sense of balance and visual interest. When used correctly, negative space can also help to highlight certain elements of your design. For example, you might use negative space to draw attention to your company logo or a certain call to action. When incorporating negative space into your design, it’s important to consider the overall composition and balance of your design. Too much negative space can make your design feel empty, while too little can make it feel cluttered.
3. Use an Unexpected Element
Another way to make your print design stand out is to use an unexpected element. This could be something as simple as an unusual color or pattern, or a more unique element like a die-cut shape. Whatever you choose, make it align with your brand identity and the message you’re trying to communicate. An unexpected element can help to add interest and visual intrigue to your design. Just be careful to do it sparingly, as too many unexpected elements can make your design feel chaotic and difficult to understand.
4. Play with Scale
Playing with scale is another way to make your print design stand out. This means using elements of different sizes in your design. For example, you might use a larger font size for your company name or a certain call to action. This can help to create a sense of visual interest and hierarchy. Just be sure not to make any one element too large or too small in relation to the others. The goal is to create a balanced and harmonious design.
5. Use Texture and Pattern
Adding texture and pattern to your design is another great way to make it stand out. This can help to add interest, depth, and visual intrigue. When adding texture and pattern, be sure to consider your brand identity and the overall message you’re trying to communicate. For example, if you want your design to feel luxurious, you might use gold foil or embossed elements. Or, if you want your design to feel more organic, use a wood grain texture or a nature-inspired pattern.
6. Think Outside the Box
Finally, one of the best strategies to make your print design stand out is to think outside the box. This means being creative and innovative with your design. Push the boundaries and experiment with new ideas. Be bold and don’t be afraid to take risks. This is the best way to create a truly unique and memorable design.
When it comes to print design, there are endless possibilities. By following these tips, you can create a design that stands out from the rest.
Desirable Behavior Design Can Help You Achieve
As a business juggling a wide range of responsibilities, it can be difficult to find the time or resources to focus on things like marketing and design. However, these are essential pieces of any business’s success puzzle – especially when it comes to print design. Eye-catching, well-designed print pieces are essential for achieving your target audience’s desired behavior. These include:
- Increasing brand awareness: For people to buy from you, they first need to know that you exist. One of the most effective ways to get your name out there is through print design. By incorporating your brand’s colors, logo, and messaging into well-designed print pieces and compelling educational copy, you can increase top-of-mind awareness so that when people need your product or service, they think of you first. Spend time brainstorming strategic ways to get your print pieces in front of your target audience, whether that’s through direct mail, local events, or even just leaving them around town.
- Generating leads and sales: Of course, the ultimate goal of marketing is to generate leads and sales. Print design can be a powerful tool for achieving both things. By including clear calls to action and special offers in your print design, you can encourage people to take the next step with your business. For example, you might offer first-time customers a free consultation or a discount. Whatever you do, make sure your offer is straightforward and easy to take advantage of.
- Building relationships: Finally, print design can also be used to build relationships with your target audience. Whether you’re sending out a customer satisfaction survey or just a simple thank-you note, taking the time to connect with people on a personal level can go a long way. Not only will they appreciate the gesture, but they’ll also be more likely to do business with you in the future.
- Returning to your business in the future: If an individual has a good experience with your product or service, they are likely to return in the future. But even if they don’t have an immediate need for what you offer, staying top-of-mind is key to ensuring they come back when they are ready to buy. This is where print design comes in. By regularly sending out high-quality, informative print pieces, you can keep your business at the front of their mind so that when they are ready to make another purchase, you can re-win their business and beat any competitors who are trying to steal them away.
If you’re looking to achieve any of the above behaviors from your target audience, print design is a tool that can help you get there. And the good news is, you don’t have to go it alone. The team at Sites by Sara specializes in helping businesses with their marketing and design needs – including print and web design. We would love to chat about your goals and how we can help you achieve them. Contact our digital marketing agency in Salt Lake City today to get started and see why other businesses trust us to help them reach their target audience.