The online market is a cutthroat world, and the strength of a website’s design is becoming more crucial than ever. An over-cluttered, messy, and unattractive website design will turn off users and decrease your business volume—undesirable! This is what makes web design services so critical when expanding to a digital platform.
The following tips and tricks will ensure that your website design is user-friendly, intriguing, and competitive.
- Have an eye-catching and simple homepage; simple being the keyword in this instance. Stick to basics with a sharp logo and a catchy headline, and little else. A cluttered homepage harkens back to the earliest days of the internet and will turn users away within seconds of arriving at your site, failing to turn those clicks into conversions. You want users to feel welcomed, not overwhelmed.
- Implement calls to action. Tell your users to “Read More” or “Contact Us Today.” This will increase the number of interactions with your website, which in turn will boost web traffic and business. Users who click through to other sections of your site will end up spending more time there, making them more likely to return in the future.
- Be aware of color contrast. Use a light background with dark text, or vice versa. Additionally, try to stick with readable colors; that means steering clear from the neon side of the palette. If your site is unreadable, no one will visit it twice, and people often make their initial assumptions on a site within seconds!
- Integrate social media buttons that link to your business’s social media profiles. Not only will this increase traffic to those accounts, but you will integrate a human aspect to your site by making it easy for users to share your business! User-generated promotion is the best kind because customers are generally more likely to trust other customers, and you don’t have to account for it in your marketing budget.
- Keep the layout local, consistent, and logical. Always make sure your navigation bar is easy to find. Stick to one theme. This is an especially exciting opportunity for small businesses website design to flourish as business owners tackle how to build their brands. The key to effective web design is the user experience, and your site must be accessible and easy to use! If your site uses a variety of links to display the information, consider checking to see how many clicks it takes to find those additional pages and whether there’s a more straightforward way to get there. No user wants to get lost clicking through link after link to find a simple answer.
- Be aware of resolution changes, and check your website on different browsers to ensure everything is loading correctly. You want a mobile-responsive website design as well as a desktop-friendly one!
That’s a lot to track. But luckily, you don’t have to do it alone. To ensure your site effectively implements these tricks and more, contact Sites by Sara to hire a seasoned Salt Lake City website design professional today.
Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, Sites by Sara helps businesses manage their online presence. We serve clients across the country, not just in SLC or Utah. Our web development team specializes in SEO, mobile-responsive website design, WordPress websites, and WordPress design.